Engineering Design & Analysis
The complexity of the technical challenges within technology design and project development requires continual attention to detail to achieve high reliability performance. Astrimar's engineering design and development project services are supported by design for reliability and technical risk management.
Astrimar provides specialised reliability engineering, design and analysis services through the entire project life cycle from concept development and detailed design through to project engineering, supporting installation and ongoing inspection, repair and maintenance activities and decommissioning works.
Our specialised approach is based on Design for Reliability practices, in line with API RP17N, API RP17Q, ISO 20815 and DNV RPA 203. This drives attention to engineering detail, developing an understanding of potential failure modes as the project progresses from early in the concept phase. This approach enables the technical risks to be better managed through design and technology qualification. Operations are better informed by an understanding of failure modes, to reduce the risk of equipment failure with the potential to reduce the financial risk of design, manufacture, construction and operations.
Astrimar's experienced engineers provide a range of reliability engineering, design, and advanced analysis services addressing:
- Functional, Design, Performance and Reliability Specification
- Concept development, evaluation and selection
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Detailed design and design for manufacture
- Finite Element (FE), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Hydrodynamic and Fatigue engineering analysis
- Reliability analysis including FMECA, RAM, FTA and ETA to inform system, assembly and component design
- Assessment of Qualification Status and Technology Readiness, Development of Technolgy Qualification Plans
- Technology assurance, independent verification and technical risk assurance processes
Astrimar's engineers are experienced in providing reliability engineering, design, advanced analysis and reliability assurance applied to a range of systems and equipment including:
- Subsea Tree valves, Umbilicals
- Life of field extension equipment
- Wellhead integrity systems for new and existing wells
- Sealing and repair technologies for oil & gas containment
- Subsea riser integrity and well intervention equipment
- BOPs, Subsea Well Capping and Containment Systems
- A wide range of novel technologies and innovations supporting the energy transition