Operations Integrity Management
Astrimar provides key reliability engineering activities during operations to ensure that the potential technical risks to reliability and integrity are effectively managed throughout the life of the asset. Working within the constraints of existing operational designs, performing analytical reviews to better highlight component/system failure modes we aim to enhance integrity management and operational response to failures; minimising downtime and maximising system availability, production efficiency and integrity.
Reliability engineering is fundamental to integrity management and builds on considerations in design.
System reliability analysis enables understanding of the impact of redundancy and isolations on the integrity of safety critical elements and production. Reducing the impact of inspection, maintenance or intervention supports improved operational efficiency and availability.
FMECA helps to understand potential failure modes allowing operation, inspection and monitoring requirements to be defined during design. It is also a key input to Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Risk Based Inspection (RBI).
Throughout the asset life, reliability analyses support the development of equipment and sparing strategies, preparedness and emergency response, risk-based decision making and through-life asset integrity management.
For all operators Astrimar seeks to identify and implement best value enhancing solutions specific to the asset operational requirements and challenges. We develop bespoke analysis models to make best use of data available, combined with knowledge of degradation processes to develop the best informed estimates of reliability over time. For example, the Astrimar risk-based asset integrity management tool, pRIOriti-AIM uses inspection, monitoring and test data to estimate failure probability based on the condition of the asset and its operational environment; these estimates are used in conjunction with risk acceptance criteria to optimise inspection, test and repair times for asset equipment.
Astrimar services include:
- Reliability Data Collection and Analysis including Reliability Growth and estimates of asset specific failure rates to support Risk Based Inspection, as well as database development
- Reliability Engineering supported by Risk, Reliability and Availability Modelling and Analysis to maximise system availability and production efficiency
- Reliability Centred Maintenance including use of Inspection, Condition Monitoring and Health Prognostics
- Development of optimised IM Strategy, Reliability and Technical Risk Management Plans
- Support for Preparedness Response and Identification of Optimum Sparing Requirements
- Documentation of Operational, Reliability and Integrity Assurance